Friday, June 11, 2010

Deadhead

Monday nite, Jane set up a garden party at Adam's house  (no, not that kind of garden party). This was a work party to take care of some gardening tasks.  These tasks included "deadheading" rhododendrons.

I learned that rhododendrons need to have their "expired" flowers clipped off, or there won't be any flowers next year.  Who knew?

How did rhododendrons survive until the invention of humans?  And clippers?

I was a grateful deadheader when Adam brought me a porter to finish off the evening  <*ducks*>
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Ken said...

I thought that you were going to talk about floating logs from the title. Imagine my disappointment when I saw the flowers.

Robert Salnick said...

<*ducks again*>

Jared said...

Bob, I have not taken the flowers off of our rhododendron for the past two years and I have had flowers every year. I must have a special breed.

-Jared

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...