Monday, August 13, 2012

Down at the heels

You know how it goes... Just when you have a pair of deck shoes broken in to the point where they are comfortable ro wear without socks, the heels are wearing down.

Well here's how to save that pair of shoes, using a ubiquitous boat material: 3M 5200. Just apply a tape dam around the heel and fill the depression with an appropriate color of 5200.

It wears almost as well as the original heel material, and is easy to replace when necessary.

(You probably weren't going to wear these shoes to a wedding anyway, unless of course, it is the kind of wedding where socks are optional)
Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

curtiswood said...

I have a better idea. I apply the 5200 directly to my bare feet after creating a form using tape. My wife complains tho when I rub my 5200 clad fet up against her legs at nite.

curtiswood said...

Feet not fet
Its the marguaritas

curtiswood said...

It is ( it's) not its. Again...

Deb said...

Great idea! I have just the pair to try it on.

Deb
S/V Kintala
www.theretirementproject.blogspot.com

captnmike said...

Also check with Dave Page Cobbler in Fremont, (the center of the universe in Seattle) he used to do deck shoes and running shoe soles - I had a couple of pair of shoes done with new soles a few years ago and they worked well

Robert Salnick said...

Curtis -

And I was going to blame autocorrect...

Robert Salnick said...

Deb -

Please let us know how it works out

Robert Salnick said...

Capt Mike -

Thanks for the tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...