Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Computer woes: Resolved

I bit the bullet. It was clear that the old computer was sending out warning signals of impending failure. One should pay attention to these.

I bought another one - it's a Dell E1505 with 2 GB memory, 250 GB disk and a 15" screen... a far cry from the old one which had (when everything was working) 10 GB disk, 640 MB memory and a 10" screen.

Today's prices simply amaze me... I got it for $149. I remember when I bought my very first actual hard drive - an amazing 85 MB of echoing empty space, and it only cost me $385! (And those were real, 1985 dollars).  But then I also remember when dirt was shiney.

The operating system is going onto it right now. The next post ought to be from the new machine...
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...