|Well, nearly new|
We bought them a year and a half ago, when the old ones would no longer hold enough electricity to make Jane's morning latte at anchor.
Last year when I performed my annual battery maintenance, I found that they needed quite a bit of distilled water (harvested from our dehumidifier, natch!). But since I had never checked them when they were brand new, I didn't know what water level they came with. So I didn't really know if I was re-filling them, or just filling them.
This year, the first where the initial conditions were known and established as full, I topped off the seven batteries using a cup and a half of water. That's simply amazing. In past years with the old batteries, I'd need most of a gallon.
And Jane's morning latte is safe, so all is right with the world!