Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dilemma Resolved


It wasn't directed to me - I just happened to be a random recipient.

I can't supply what the writer wants.

I have interrupted the message on its way from sender to intended receiver.

But it's a really neat keepsake (darn!).

I have decided to throw the message in a bottle back into the sea. It seems the right thing to do. The next time we are off the dock, I will deliver the bottle back into the water in the middle of Puget Sound. I was planning to do it this weekend, but it is supposed to rain all weekend so it is unlikely that we will go out.

Beka suggested that I add a message telling of the interception, but that cork is really really jammed in there, so I will write something on the outside of the bottle. Tho it is likely that this will be gone by the time the bottle is found again, I will still do it - after all, the whole idea of a message in a bottle is a bet against improbability.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...