Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A little green to go with the blue

This time of year, folks minds turn to thoughts of grubbing in the dirt and green growing things.


And a wonderful thing has happened here at G-Dock. The Port has ripped out some nasty, overgrown plantings left over from the marina renovation (I need to write about that sometime), and made a small space available as a "pea patch" to the denizens of F & G-Dock and the nearby environs.

It draws you. The miracle of green growing things popping up out of the soil - it really is a miracle - the renewal of life that spring portends, but brought home on a human scale, to a small plot of dirt, by the garbage dumpsters.

I confess that each time I walk up on shore, I check to see how the plants are doing.  I feel a strange kind of proprietary interest - kind of like I'd feel towards a friend's children.

Yeah, I know that's a little weird, but then it *is* spring...
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...