There is this little sign at the head of the dock, on the gate door. Is it is there to assist firefighters? Do they carry that much hose? Maybe it's to discourage them.
Regardless, it means that for those of us out at the end of the dock, a round trip to shore is almost a half mile walk.
- Leave your cell phone in the car? Half-mile walk.
- Move the laundry from the washers to the dryers in the laundromat? Half mile walk.
- Somebody visits and needs to be let in at the gate? Half mile walk.
- Use the head on shore? Half mile walk.
- Did you turn off your headlights? Are you sure? Half mile walk.
- Get out to the car and realize that you left your cell phone back onboard? Half mile walk.
- Run out of sugar? Half mile walk PLUS the drive to the store.